For the safety of our staff and patients, we are requesting the following.
- Please complete your New Patient or Updated Forms prior to your appointment through the link below. Please call the office for your unique username and password if you have not received one by email.
- Adult patients are asked to come to your appointment alone.
- Children may have only one parent/guardian with them (no other children).
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in touch with anyone that is ill with COVID-19, please contact us immediately.
- In order to follow CDC guidelines as well as county ordinances we are requiring that any adults and children over the age of 2 come to the office with a face covering; we will let you know when to remove your face covering during your appointment.
- We ask for patients to not wear gloves to help reduce cross contamination. We will have hand soap as well as antibacterial sanitizer available for our patients.
- Please let our office know if you have traveled out of the COUNTRY OR STATE within the last 2 weeks.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the COVID-19.
- We are taking temperatures on patients as well as anyone that accompanies you to an appointment. Temperatures of 100.4 will be asked to reschedule. We will request you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer inside the office once you arrive.
Thank you for your cooperation and you may contact us with any questions or concerns.
Your families and our team safety are our #1 priority and we are honored to continue to serve our community.
We are taking various measures to provide you with a safe dental treatment experience. We have added the following to our office the past few months:
- MEDICAL GRADE HEPA FILTRATION SYSTEM– All dental rooms have an air filtration and purification unit to remove particles smaller than COVID-19 viruses. It kills 99% of particles in the air and re- circulates clean air in the office.
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS– We are taking temperatures for staff and patients coming into the office. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4F or higher is asked to reschedule after 2 weeks and staff are sent home.
- LIMITED CAPACITY- We are requesting our adult patients to come to appointments alone children can have 1 adult with them during their visit. Our available appointments have been lessened to ensure proper social distancing protocols and reduced risk of exposure for our patients and staff.
- INCREASED PPE- All our staff are provided proper PPE as required and recommended by CDC, OSHA, and ADA.
- PRE-SCREENING– We are pre-screening all patients by phone as well as in the office when they arrive.
- FACE COVERINGS– Anyone over the age of 2 is required to wear a face covering while inside our office.
- ADDED STERILIZATION TIME– We have added additional time in-between patients to clean our rooms. Common areas are also being cleaned throughout the day. We are limited in capacity due to our increased cleaning time between patients. We have had to rearrange our schedule drastically. We apologize for any inconvenience due to rescheduling and thank you for working with our office.
If you have any questions regarding our new protocols, please feel free to give us a call at 407-434.0305.
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: