In addition to digital radiography, we utilize special operating microscopes. Magnification and illumination are helpful in aiding the doctor to see tiny details inside your tooth. Also, the camera on the microscope can take images of your tooth to further document the doctor’s findings.
Cone Beam CT technology allows complete 3D visualization of the teeth and bone with ultra low radiation exposure. While not used in every case; when it is needed it can provide unmatched diagnostic information. This allows us to make the most accurate treatment planning decisions before we ever start working on your tooth.
AUTHORIZED GENTLEWAVE PROVIDER
THE GENTLEWAVE PROCEDURE CLEANS MICROSCOPIC SPACES THAT CAN’T BE REACHED BY STANDARD ROOT CANAL TREATMENT.
Effectively cleaning the deepest, most complex portions 1,2 of the root canal system requires incredible innovation—and we are proud to offer that technology with the GentleWave® Procedure.
The GentleWave Procedure is a state-of-the-art alternative to standard root canal treatment. The ultra cleaning technology of the GentleWave Procedure is an advanced combination of fluid dynamics and a broad range of soundwaves that work together to reach into the microscopic spaces 1,2 and remove bacteria, debris and tissue.2 The GentleWave Procedure is so effective at cleaning and disinfecting the root canal system, there's less chance of failure over time. 3
The GentleWave Procedure uses a minimally invasive 1 protocol to access the infected root canal system, which means it is preserving more of the natural tooth and, in doing so, is helping to keep the tooth’s structure strong. With the GentleWave Procedure, we can also typically clean and fill the tooth in just one appointment, 3 which may reduce the number of appointments required.
Achieving an exceptional level of clean requires advanced endodontics—and that’s something we take pride in providing. Contact us today to discover the GentleWave Difference for yourself.
1 Molina B et al. (2015) J Endod. 41:1701-5
2 Vandrangi P et al. (2015) Oral Health 72-86
3 Sigurdsson A et al. (2016) J Endod. 42:1040-48
GENTLEWAVE and the GENTLEWAVE logo are registered trademarks of Sonendo, Inc. and used under license.
Our Office Offers the Following Technology:
- Treatment is performed using a high-resolution dental operating microscope.
- We utilize Cone Beam CT technology for accurate 3D visualization of your tooth.
- Our sterilization equipment is monitored daily for 100% effectiveness.
- Our dental equipment uses a self-contained water supply that delivers sterile water during all procedures.
- We use an advanced digital imaging system which minimizes radiation and improves diagnostic capabilities.
- Through TDO software, Dr. Ballagas has the ability to send and receive information instantly, including radiographs and photographs, through our secure web-based system.
- TDO software gives you as our patient the option to complete registration materials from the convenience of your own home using our secure website.